Position of Secretary: Multilateral
THE SOUTH AFRICAN EMBASSY IN ROME
intends to fill the Position of Secretary: Multilateral
- A minimum of 12 years schooling with completion of at least a one year Secretarial Diploma/Certificate plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a secretary, typist, receptionist or clerk with word processing knowledge and skills.
- Performing secretarial duties
- Assisting with organisation and co-ordination of social events
- Assist with the logistics for conferences, summits, etc.
- Assist with all administrative and clerical functions
- Protocol coordinator and relationship building
- Service Delivery (Batho pele)
- The candidate should be able to translate texts from English to Italian and vice versa and do interpretation when required.
- Be able to travel when required.
- Job knowledge and skill
- Work output
- Client service focus
- Language proficiency
- Good computer literacy
In order to apply please submit a comprehensive CV in English, certified copies of qualifications and certificates to the following e-mail email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 27 August 2018.
If you do not hear from the Embassy within one month, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Dated: 10 August 2018
Career Opportunities: Information and Knowledge Management Consultant, Private Partnership Division (83501)
This position is being re-advertised, candidates who already submitted their application there is not need to re-apply.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, working towards achieving a world with zero hunger. We are seeking to fill the consultancy position of Information and Knowledge Management Consultant, based in the Private Partnerships Division (PGP) at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy for the initial period of 11 months.
The Private Partnerships Division (PGP) division is undergoing an exciting transformation and is looking for a motivated individual to join as crucial part of the team. The private sector is uniquely qualified to play a leadership role in ending hunger. Some of the largest and most respected brands in the world – such as MasterCard, Royal DSM and YUM! Brands – are helping achieve zero hunger by enabling WFP to strengthen operations, reach more people, fund lifesaving programs and build public support. They choose to partner with WFP because of WFP’s reach, scale and track record to create innovative partnerships that leverage their unique strengths and create lasting impact.
Closely working with the Director of PGP, the Information and Knowledge Management Consultant will lead the development and drive the execution of a knowledge management plan to support PGP Division priorities, facilitate knowledge sharing within the Division and across the organization, and coordinate the delivery and operations of knowledge management tools and infrastructure.
Additionally, the Information and Knowledge Management Consultant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Lead and oversee the organisation, management, and dissemination of information and knowledge within the PGP Division globally;
- Proactively provide strategic input and recommend information and knowledge strategy to support priorities and WFP’s strategic objectives;
- Support the Director of PGP in other key priorities as required;
- Manage and maintain PGP online portals and databases, including Salesforce, Microsoft SharePoint, PGP intranet pages and other databases, to maximize information flow and build a knowledge sharing culture by driving strong awareness and adoption programs among internal stakeholders and communities;
- Set-up and manage customized SharePoint sites/libraries/folders for PGP and cross-organisational teams to enable storing and sharing of information, and ensure alignment with corporate knowledge management initiatives when/if necessary. Continually organize and upload resources within the structure of the platform, making sure this completely supports and optimizes the work of the team;
- Manage the Salesforce platform and ensure that it is tailored to meet the information needs specific to private sector engagement as well as broader corporate partnerships;
- Seek on-going enhancement and extend the use of the Salesforce application to better exploit the functionality of the platform;
- Analyse information resources and user requirements, translate requirements into new information management applications and procedures and/or recommend enhancements in the functionality of existing procedures and systems;
- Improve and manage twoway information flows between PGP and WFP’s programmatic units, country offices and regional bureaus. Organisation of knowledge sharing sessions, including brown bag lunches, with other units across the organisation.
- Contribute to organisational business development and prospecting by scanning the market and gathering market intelligence;
- Oversee the management of PGP roles and responsibilities for the WFP Due Diligence (DD) process including ensuring the development and management of portals for DD submission, liaise with Legal to manage the DD pipeline, clearly communicate with the PGP team on DD submission processes and priority companies’ status in the DD queue;
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in International Development, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Information Management and Research, Computer Sciences or other related fields. An advanced university degree is desirable.
- At least 4 years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in information and knowledge management. Prior experience in managerial positions would be an asset.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Indepth understanding and expertise of information and knowledge management practices in international organisations;
- Consultative mindset and integrated teaming approach to first-rate service delivery;
- Excellent Salesforce knowledge / Salesforce administrator level;
- Experience managing a SharePoint platform;
- Strong knowledge in prospecting and fundraising an asset;
- Up to date with current technologies and trends in the market;
- Proven experience in working with information technology systems and platforms;
- Excellent communications skills such as the approach to information management in a creative way, and get team buy in fostering adaptation of new tools;
- Understanding of how technology can optimize the work of often geographically distributed groups and teams; General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration is an asset. Knowledge of UN Due Diligence procedures a strong plus.
- Excellent critical thinking and proactive problemsolving abilities, coupled with extremely strong verbal and written communication and relationship building and relationship management skills;
- Outstanding research, analytical and strategic skills;
- Strong project organization, planning, and management ability;
- Ability to write clear and concise procedural documentation;
- Ability to work harmoniously with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 28 August 2018
Ref.: VA 83501
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.