Private Door to Door Transfer Solution Between Rome Fiumicino & Central Rome Hotels – But Which?
Overview Of Fiumicino Airport Taxi Services – City Cab or Private Car
On paper the licensed taxi services from the airport terminal taxi rank are a very attractive option. The authorities have set a fixed fare of 48 euro between Fiumicino Airport and destinations in Rome city centre defined as within the Aurelian Walls.
This includes baggage and is for a maximum of four passengers. Vehicles are a mixed bag but tend to be much smaller than Mercedes saloons so common in other cities.Many are small – see the image right taken at the taxi rank at Fiumicino, more a solution for a single business traveller with briefcase than leisure travellers with luggage. If you have more than 3 large cases, luggage may be a problem.
The cars for the taxi service of the City of Rome are white and can be recognized by the sign “TAXI” on the top and by the identifying licence number on the doors, on the back and inside the car.Unfortunately the taxi cabs in Rome have a poor reputation for ripping off unsuspecting tourists especially at the airports and Termini Station.
A lot of the time the culprits are not licenced taxi cabs at all but people masquerading as such.If you are not going inside the city walls then the fare will be metered. Check that the correct Tariff band (there are two) is being applied. If you see a timer positioned conspicuously, this doesn’t form any part of the fare and is not for use as an extra add-on to the metered fare.
Unlike the standard fares for going into Rome city centre where bags are part of the fare, for metered rides you will be charged a supplement for each item of luggage.Above all reject anybody that approaches you offering a taxi or private car transport in the terminal area. Either get a Rome city cab from the taxi rank or pre-book a private car in advance – anybody else is operating illegally, probably in an unlicensed cab.
The airport taxi rank is reasonably well organised with a single lane where the cabs should be forming an orderly queue and its pure chance which individual cab is your turn. If you notice any cab hanging back or leading you to a cab not next in the queue, be suspicious.
Alternative Private Car & Bus Service
The alternative to the licensed city cabs are private transfers booked in advance.
With your own vehicle and experienced driver pre-arranged there is less stress …
– No need to worry about payment issues, its all been sorted out in advance.
– No need to worry about whether your luggage and passengers will fit in one car, this too is all sorted out in advance.
– Your driver personally meets and greets you as you exit the baggage hall at the airport or at your hotel/apartment reception.
– Your driver knows the journey and destination in advance and will have checked any route issues or access problems in advance.
Rome Taxi Information Kiosk
Terms & Conditions:
- No Hidden Extras – Prices include all taxes, parking etc.
- Payment By Credit Card / Debit Card With No Fees – Payment is in advance on our secure web-site. All major credit and debit cards are accepted. There is no extra fee for payment by credit card.
- Cancellation – Cancellation requests must be received in writing by email. In all cancellation cases, you will be charged 5% of the initial fare plus a small additional charge based on the time between cancellation and travel date. There will be no refund for cancellations 48 hours prior to your transfer or no shows at the time of your scheduled transfer.
- Don’t Worry If Your Flight Is Late, Waiting Times – At airports incoming flights are monitored and the driver will adjust his/her arrival time to the actual flight landing time. The driver will be waiting outside the exit to the customs hall with your name around 30 minutes after actual landing – not scheduled time. (If you have no luggage an earlier arrival time can be agreed). Waiting charges will be applied after 60 minutes waiting.
- Child & Baby Seats -Are provided on request for a charge.
Private Tour Transfers – Rome Tour As Part Of Airport Transfer
An efficient way of seeing Rome within the limited time you have is to fit in a short tour of Rome on your journey from the airport. An ideal way to quickly get orientated with Rome and perhaps revise your priorities for what you want to visit later in more detail and more time.
This is also an ideal way for those staying at an airport hotel overnight not to miss the sights of Rome. The tour can start and finish at your airport hotel.
The transfer/tour visits all the main sights of Rome in a few hours, or you can specify exactly what and for how long you wish to visit specified attractions in your own itinerary.
Tour Transfers To/From Rome Fiumicino Airport – More Details